Committed to the Well Being of the South Placer Community.
The Mission of the South Placer Fire Protection District is to protect the lives and property of the community from the adverse effects of fires, sudden medical emergencies or exposure to dangerous conditions created by either man or nature.
To accomplish this mission the South Placer Fire Protection has established six goals.
- To provide for the development of human resources to better serve the community.
- To develop the potential of all personnel so as to achieve positive results on the emergency scene by making the correct decisions and executing the skills and maneuvers proficiently and consistently.
- To provide to knowledge, skills and attitudes to build and maintain a safe community.
- To provide the highest level of emergency and non-emergency response to the citizens of the community in the most cost effective manner.
To provide continuous assessment of the communities fire and
life safety needs and the degree to which the present system
- To provide the best utilization of equipment and facilities through proper maintenance and repair.
The South Placer Fire District provides commercial and residential structural fire protection, wildland fire protection, rescue service, emergency hazardous materials service, emergency medical services, paramedic ambulance transportation service and variety of other non-emergency related services.
The District serves approximately 36 square miles of unincorporated Placer County, and approximately one square mile of the Town of Loomis. The District is bordered by Sacramento County to the south; the cities of Roseville and Rocklin to the west; the towns of Loomis, Penryn and Newcastle to the north; and Folsom Lake to the east.