Fire prevention services include plan checks, fire protection systems inspections, code enforcement, public education and community outreach programs. These responsibilities are managed through the Community Risk Reduction (CRR) Division. In addition, all businesses receive engine company fire and life safety inspections once every two years. All occupancies classified as assemblies, educational, and institutional receive yearly fire inspections.
Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Plan Check fees increased on June 15, 2020. The new fee schedule is posted below.
New Development Fees (Mitigation Fees):
- Please call the Administrative Office for information on paying mitigation fees, (916) 791-7059.
- Plans may be dropped off in the gray bin labeled “plan drop off” located in front of our Administrative Office at 6900 Eureka Road.
- An application with your contact information must be attached to the plans.
- Applications are available on the clip board attached to the drop-off bin. They are also available below.
- Approved plans will be available for pick up by appointment only. Call (916) 791-7059 to schedule a pick up.
Application Forms - Plan Reviews & Propane Tank Permits:
- Plan Submittal Application ( Word doc) - new form effective June 15, 2020
- Plan Submittal Application (pdf) - new form effective June 15, 2020
- Above Ground LPG Permit Application - new form effective June 15, 2020
- Underground LPG Permit Application - new form effective June 15, 2020
Fee Schedule - Inspections, Permits, Plan Reviews, etc.
- SPFD Fee Schedule 2020 - NEW FEES EFFECTIVE JUNE 15, 2020
Processes, Guidelines & Requirements
- Commercial Application Process and Submittal Requirements
- Modified Passive Purge Design Requirements
- New Business Information & Fire Final Inspection Process (within Town of Loomis)
- Residential Application Process and Submittal Requirements
- Residential Care Facilities Guideline
- Will Serve Letter Process
- 2019 Fire Code Adoption and Ordinance
- 2022 Fire Code Adoption and Ordinance
- Appendix A (2020)
- Appendix B - Subdivision Site Infrastucture (2020)
- Appendix C - Residential Civil and Building Site (2020)
- Appendix C - Hammerhead Turnaround Detail
- Appendix D - Commercial Building Site Infrastructure (2020)
- Appendix E - Commerical Building (2020)
- Appendix F - Tennant Improvement (2020)
- Appendix B - Subdivision Site Infrastructure (2016)
- Appendix C - Residential Civil and Building Site (2016)
- Appendix D - Commercial Building Site Infrastructure (2016)
- Appendix E - Commercial Building (2016)
- Appendix F - Tenant Improvement (2016)
- Appendix B (2012)
- Appendix C (2012)
- Appendix D (2012)
- Appendix E (2012)